Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Smalls SAL and a birthday card....

 
Squeaking in at the last minute.... I didn't exactly "stitch" on this in a forwards direction in order to finish it this year. More reversed stitch to take out the over one initial which I had done but disliked!  Hope this will still count...... well, it's my story etc!  I really didn't like this chart when I began it and it sat with only the A and B completed for a very long time then suddenly enthusiasm blossomed and I love it.  Not sure yet how I'll finish it.  I've decided that smalls for me means anything under 100 x 100 stitch count.


Quaker Blackbird
Little by Little
 The other thing I have to show you is a birthday card from Pittsburgh Girl who knows me well.  She sent me a lovely parcel with several nice packages inside but it was the card that really made me laugh!



Be back soon with the Themalicious update....... coo, it's all go, ain't it?

love and hugs x

13 comments:

  1. Pretty design you've stitched up and a funny card, gave me a giggle this morning, thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the delicate colours on the design. Great card, that's what I call exercise ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say if thread was travelling through fabric, you were stitching. =) And a finish is a finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the wee small and still giggling at that card :) love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quaker Blackbird is so lovely, Gillie!! And I think your daughter's card is a hoot--hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it turned into a lovely finish even if you didn't care for it to start with. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card had me in stitches!! :) Will be interesting to see how you decide to finish that...isn't it funny how our tastes swing between patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was no specification as to forward or reverse stitching! Beautiful finish. And that card is too wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL @ the card. I am doing the 10,000 steps with a pedometer for a healthy living program at work! Too funny.

    Congrats on your backward smalls finish, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, your little finish for the Smalls SAL. I stitched this chart a couple of years ago but haven't turned it into anything, Not sure either how to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That card is great!! Sweet stitches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!